Contact me today to find out more or to book – email me or call +44(0)7738328105
Benefits of Baby Massage Classes for Your Baby
- Feeling more loved, valued and respected
- Better sleep and relaxation
- Increased body awareness, and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic and constipation
- Strengthened immune system
Benefits of Baby Massage Classes for You
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Focused time with your baby
- Better understanding of what your baby is communicating
- Boost self esteem and confidence in parenting
- Relaxation through giving your baby nurturing touch
- Opportunity to socialise with other parents and babies
- Learning a new parenting skill to use ongoing with your growing child
What You Will Learn
- Massage strokes for legs, feet, tummy, chest, arms, hands, face and back
- A colic routine
- Gentle movements
- Touch relaxation
The massage strokes are reviewed between each class.
My classes are very relaxed and welcoming with time for informal discussion between parents. We always ask for permission from our babies before we start a massage and we follow their cues. This helps to develop good communication and helps to establish feelings of trust and respect between us and our babies.
5-week course – £40 payable at time of booking by bank transfer.
What People Say
“My baby coos and smiles during the massage.” (Victoria, Watford).
“My baby is more relaxed before bedtime.” (Rachel, Tring).
“I enjoyed having quality time with my baby and the opportunity to meet and chat with other mums. It has helped me to remember to relax and has helped my baby nap better after massages” Anne-Marie, Hemel Hempstead
“I really enjoyed the classes and the lovely location. Emma was a very calming, friendly person, and very positive. I enjoyed spending time with my baby and being able to learn something I can use at home”. Elizabeth, Hemel Hempstead
“I felt very relaxed. It was easy to talk openly with everyone in the discussion time and I liked the doing the massage stage by stage repeating each week to give familiarity. Emma put me at ease, facilitated a good open discussion and she served tea and cake at the end.” (Tanya, Berkhamsted).
What is Infant Massage?
Infant Massage is an ancient practice originating from India and Africa. Over the past 30 years the tradition has been introduces to the west and has been practiced in the UK since the late 1990s. The IAIM massage course draws from the Indian and Swedish massage traditions and uses principles from both yoga and reflexology.
The International Association of Infant Massage was founded in the early 1980s and has developed into an organization represented in 45 countries across the world. For more information about IAIM please visit www.iaim.org.uk